- This event has passed.
Webinar Unblock the City – the second
November 23, 2021 @ 11:00 am - 12:00 pm
The Token project, with a focus on city logistics, is in its second year of life, so we provide a status update. We organise the online webinar ‘Unblock the city – the second’ on Tuesday, 23 November, from 11 a.m. to 12 noon.
During the webinar we will elaborate on the concept of ‘Dynamic access control’ (DAC). What if you, as a transporter, are given extra access to a low-traffic area to make deliveries? Outside the loading and unloading windows? What conditions would you have to meet? And how can this be regulated and controlled? With Dynamic Access Control, a city can impose rules for extra access in a dynamic and controllable way, encouraging transport companies to green their fleet or deliver to customers in a consolidated way. This system is linked to the planning systems at the transport companies and uses blockchain technology for increased security and trust.
What is on the program?
1.- General introduction of the Token project by imec and VIL:
– The problem definition and how DAC can provide solutions.
– The technical way of working of DAC
– Token: project progress in 2021
2.- The advantages of DAC
– For cities: how does a DAC increase the livability of your city? Information and explanation by the city of Leuven.
– For local economy: how does a DAC boost the local economy? Information and explanation by Linked Farm.
– For logistic players: what are the advantages and implications of a DAC? Information and explanation by City Depot.
3.- Outro: conclusion and closing words by imec and VIL.
Are you interested in attending this session? Please register using this form.